Friday, January 08, 2016

The circle of work

I want to thank those I mentored at work. It has been a rough stretch losing so many mentors in a short time. It has been tough because I never imagined I would be here and they would not be here. You just take for granted they are around to provide their wisdom. I should be thankful but I am vexed with one who just left. As comedic revenge I started a rumor he was going to paint landscapes and write love poetry into his retirement.

The cycle is you are mentored. If you are good you mentor others. You either get fired, find another job, retire or die before any of the above. My choice is the latter as I fought so hard to keep this job I will stay until the end. The end comes and the names change and you are forgotten.

My work will be in historical archives as part of larger stories.

No comments: