Friday, August 31, 2012

I am bummed out

I was going home yesterday the pain in my ankle has spread to my knee. A woman with a cane called my name. It took me a few moments to recognize a beloved friend I sorely miss every day. To me she was always the loveable hippie chick forever eating whatever health food was in at the moment. She raidiated a rare type of beauty in that she was stunning and clueless about it at the same time.

She was very private about what ailed her and many took her absences as her being a nut. She came in yesterday to officially retire in her 40's. Inside I was crying that I would miss a valued friend and likely will never see her again. She laughed because I was floored and pointed out that typically I would get on her nerves for trying to cheer her up. The sound of her laughter had a musical quality. Somehow, people either loved her or hated her.

She let me in on a little secret that she always knew I was a Republican. How she figured this out is not clear. Attorneys from various communities assume I am a Democrat and an Obama man because I believe in fair treatment. I also despise cronyism and nepotism which is rampant at work.

I had no idea what this ailment is, but I miss my friend. I miss riding to work with her and her subtle beauty and grace. I miss laughing together with her. I can't say there was a minute that I never felt anything less than blessed by her friendship.

3 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Beak,
Have you been to an orthopedist?

The Pagan Temple is still AWOL! Do you know anything about his status?

Ducky's here said...

You're going to be more bummed out if you don't see a doctor.

The symptoms are intensifying. Get a clue.

beakerkin said...

I think I am fine. Time away from my brother helps. I was able to run on reflex which is good. Last week the pain would not allow for that.

I likely injured the knee while moving a file cabnet. The pain does not impact this.

When I imobilize my ankle in sleep with an ace bandage it feels better
the next day. We are too short staffed for me to rest.

Just resolved two cases that were messed up for ten years or more