Sunday, August 18, 2013

Dangerously Ill

There is a flu running around my office. On Thursday night I was lapsing into and out of hallucinations that were vivid. Oddly, I was transported in time back to the late 80's. I ran into people I had forgotten about and one I did not.

A close friend from the time period was shady on various levels. Yet, he was my friend and I have had to deal with the oddity of having a friend who on many levels was amoral. I try to distance myself from the revelations that have been unearthed subsequent to his death.

As I passed into and out of this surreal blur between sleep and psychosis punctuated by bathroom migrations. I was frozen and then hot and frozen.My mind saw stretches of light and again I was transported back in time. Restaurants and places that were long gone and this friend as in reality  was present.

Oddly, I woke up relived but never want to journey to the surreal again. I guess our visions are reflections of us. Some people get philosophers and I get dead insult comics,

2 comments:

Ducky's here said...

Sounds like you took the infamous brown acid, Beak.

beakerkin said...

Actually Native Americans called those fevered dreams spirit quests.
The rest of us are aware that when one is ill one can have unusual dreams.

However, traveling back in time to the late Eighties multiple times was odd. I do clearly remember freezing cold and then a burst of heat before landing in the 80's.

It is a strange process but when we are ill the mind plays tricks. Now as a Communist you are disturbed every waking moment.