Sunday, September 25, 2016

Funny but true

I went to visit my mother in the nursing home. I refuse to eat that slop and headed to an Albanian place down the hill. They made me an eggplant dish and I gave most of it to my folks. I guess the food really is bad because when I went down a few days later they asked again. I got them eggplant and had spinach pie. I cut off some spinach pie. I brought too much but had no difficulty getting thankful neighbors who desperately wanted spinach.

My mother enjoyed the break from the food at the facility. Strange my siblings didn't remember how much they like eggplant.

1 comment:

Mike's America said...

I went to visit my older brother who has been ill for many years and is now in a nursing facility. I brought him our favorite home town pizza and he asked for KFC on my next visit which I provided.

Don't know what the food is like where he is but maybe it's just the opportunity to have some "normal" food that appealed most.