Sunday, March 07, 2021

Talking about race with a coworker I disagree with but respect

I work with a wide array of people. One such person has a reputation for being impossible with mgt. However, she is personable and respectful to peers. There are people I refuse to talk to because I view them as troublesome. The subject of vaccination came up. She made it clear, she was sitting it out. She stated the history of the USA with Blacks and vaccines. I stated true enough but the country mistreated plenty of people. Imbecile and idiot were legal terms used to sterilize people. Even Shirley Temple films have cringeworthy racist parts. Yet the films are reflective of a time where a racist society forced blacks to different facilities. Yes some of the material is cringeworthy. I am not a fan of Gone With The Wind. The notion of a noble lost cause for Confederacy is stupid. Yet you have clowns pretentding a similar theme for Marxism. We still have Col Bernie waxing about singing folk songs in saunas while men of faith sat in gulags for seeking to emigrate. Rationalizing Marxist abuses while hyperventalating about the USA and Israel is the norm with this crew. I respect the integrity of this person. You can understand where she is comming from. She also knows my family is just that regardless of color or religion. I took some headaches about a coworker that I havent spoken since I arrived. This person has taken it upon herself to snitch over minor matters. I do acknowledge I avoid this person because it appears she is constantly looking for a fight. Furthermore, there are people of all races that get similar treatment. If one is negative or hostile I wont waste my time. In my world it is okay to disagree as long as we respect each other. Coworkers shouldnt snitch over minor matters and a snitch in my area will find themselves in for years of being an unperson.

No comments: