Thursday, March 11, 2021

Just wonderful folk

I went to the funeral of AOWs husband. He was a great man and it was a wonderful service with wonderful people. My only disappointment was I wanted to hear the word ribald used in a sentence. The pastor was a decent man of faith who gets NYC inside jokes. He asked me if I see antisemitic types at work. I said there was a lunatic ranting Jesus was a Palestinian. However he was a product of our local public schools and his litteracy is defficient. We have another one who roots for the Egyptians when watching the Ten Comandments. I reminded him how the film ends. Pastor why did you watch the film. You read the book. He assured me he loves that film. Apparently even young kids watch it. Left unsaid men of faith like good natured humor. Apparently news of our public schools has made it to Virginia. I did meet Warren and AOW is wonderful as always. I miss Dave and her feisty Russian Blue cat. There are those that love Siamese but if I could have any cat it would be a Russian blue fearless, spunky and personable.

1 comment:

Always On Watch said...

Thank you, Beak, for attending my husband's funeral services. I deeply appreciate your coming here! You were the first to take my husband out in public after his stroke in September 2009. You tended him that evening and gave me and The Merry Widow a much needed break!

You are a good and generous friend. As is Warren!

And thank you for all the compliments in your blog post.

We lost our beautiful cat your mentioned on Easter Sunday, 2017. Odd-numbered years typically bring a lot of grief to the AOW household.