Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Strange Place

I find myself in a strange place. I live in a house wit seven females and four generations. I also am a particularly loved mentor. I do not pretend to have special knowledge but some of the celebrity bad behavior mirrors that from my time in Fashion.

Now thanks to publicity anyone can be an abuser. There are ample stories of small teachers misbehaving. Sometimes I wonder about shrinks and prison staff that is likely quieted. All of those are abuse of power situations.

For me I am perplexed about this. On my end I wouldn't want something that isn't freely given. Then again the whole point is to share a special moment. If a person is coerced it defeats the purpose.

The subject has come up at work. I tell them in my advanced years I understand that the right gen isn't the flashiest. I notice the grace and decorum as well. I joked that a Peet's husband must be the luckiest man on the planet because she brings joy and happiness wherever she goes.

Sex talk is not something I engage in unless I am joking about the bad behavior of some or joking about plants. This may sound strange but romance jokes are loved. A woman had a fifty letter name. I joked if he serenaded her he would need an oxygen mask. Romantic mishaps are also loved like picking a candle with a food scent and setting the wrong mood are loved.

As much as I learn, I still get baffled. One coworker continues to yell at me. The boss told me we met many times but I dont remember. My memory is reserved for those with grace and drama queens who vex me. With many females not remembering them is a large insult. I guess I am not into shallow bottle blondes.

I don't get the exhibitionism of Charlie Rose. Yes women want to see naked men with AARP cards. Not. The heightened awareness is absurd as I wear shorts under my pants as my legs require medical inspection. I have to close the door less some asshat is offended. As I am in shorts this is dumb.

The part that I feel sad about is how romance is dead. I was talking about parts from my life and was amazed how rare certain behaviors are. A few younger peers stated they never had a romantic candlelight dinner or even a picnic in the park. They were fascinated by tales of serenades and love poetry as unusual. It's sad that we made sex the just another activity like eating out. It was always better when there was a connection on another level. It's sad to see gorgeous 30 somethings who have never experienced romance.

Not all change is for the better. I prefer a conventional home with love and respect. Yet part of me loves the headstrong cheeky granddaughter and mouthy daughter. It isn't perfect but it's my reality and it's an anachronism. I

No comments: