Sunday, June 30, 2019

In Praise of Bidawee

I can’t say enough good things about Bideawee.
However in order for them to do your their job
you need to help out.

If you have children and teens bring them and see them interact with the pet. How the staff member did not howl with laughter at a six year old wearing a Unicorn headband and my daughter in a short black dress is beyond me. Families are complex dynamic organizations and matching the right pet just isn’t easy.

Be honest about other pets and get the right mix. Generally speaking make sure the dog will tolerate the cat.

Listen to the staff member as they have valuable insights. If you live in an apartment an Australian Cattle Dog might not be a great choice. Young kids and pit bulls are typically not prudent.

Read the dogs body language. Don’t expect miracles. I wanted and got a more reserved dog. She isn’t trying to win over the room. She is reserved with strangers but not unfriendly.

I can’t say enough good things about Bideawee. I went to both the Manhattan location and the one in Long Island. The whole family preferred the Long Island Campus. My daughter and granddaughter loved the space and the outside interaction area. They considered the visit a treat.

Now this dog is fairly athletic. I would like to see her at the doggie park when the bonding period is settled.

3 comments:

Always On Watch said...

What kind of dog did you get?

beakerkin said...

I got my daughter a greyhound German Shepherd mix from Puerto Rico. The dog is into the Mrs.

Always On Watch said...

Sounds like a beautiful dog! Send me a photo via LinkedIn?