Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Go back to where you came from? The produce aisle

The whole Erica Thomas bit was a sick joke and all of us have seen obnoxious entitled types in supermarkets with more
Items than they should have on the express lane. Why would anyone assume a black female wearing typical clothing is foreign. Perhaps this might be possible in a hijab.
Making this story comedic is the guy is 1/3 of her size. Claiming she feared for her life from that guy is like claiming Steve Urkel is going to beat her up. This was a shameless publicity stunt.

I want to also point out I have been on the receiving end of verbal bs about my own family and the culprits are black
females. My daughter is much darker than me. Invariably they make some sort of offensive remark about the racial difference. My response is obviously we have less racial hangups in my family than yours. This doesn’t happen in my local Guyanese community. My neighbors have never once uttered anything so stupid. A few times fellow passengers told the boor mind your business. These fellow passengers who chided the busybody were also black females.

Of course the notion of me making a video of obnoxious behavior is not something I would consider. I love my family as is and my family is not a political statement. The point is my family travels with me in all manner of places and
for the most part any comments would likely be about my granddaughters unicorn headband

2 comments:

Ducky's here said...

I wouldn't have been aware of this dust up if you hadn't posted it.

I share your rejection of people who play the race card without reason. They advance nothing but division.

beakerkin said...

This one is absurd. Unless one is wearing a hijab, who looks at Blacks and assumes they are immigrants. The whole thing is implausible and the guy weighs half of what Thomas weighs.

Now the media is reporting disputes in express lanes. What is next fashion shaming men for wearing bowling and golf attire in public. Martin Smith of Indianapolis wore bowling shoes and a bowling shirt to a steakhouse and tipped. 5/.

Now I have been on the receiving end of plenty of dumb comments about my own family. Funny but minorities can be just as stupid as anyone. Yes my family has dark skin. This doesn’t entitle you to make toxic remarks when I take my family to the park. If you don’t know ask. I am tired of the stupid comments. I am even angrier when idiots. assume that when I take my daughter to a restaurant that I am dating someone a third of my age. Hey moron that my daughter. Sorry oops.

The modern family is complex. Let’s all ask before saying stupid stuff